- Kal-El is Superman's Kryptonian Name. His parents were Jor-El and Lara. Superman is 6ft 4inches and weighs 17 stone
- When Superman started out in the comics, he could only leap, not fly.
- His middle name has been listed both as "Joseph" and "Jerome", obviously tributes to his creator(s).
- Clark Kent's favorite meal is Beef Bourguignon (with ketchup)
- The Jonathon, Martha, and Clark Kent lived on a ten acre farm in Smallville. She inherited it from her first husband, who had passed away.
- Superman is one of the most recognized characters in fiction. In April 2000, he Got Milk.
- The initials L. L. feature very prominently in Superman's life. Lana Lang was his boyhood girlfriend, Lois Lane is the love of his life, Lyla Lerrol was a super-hottie Kryptonian that he almost married, and of course, Lex Luthor is his worst enemy.
- Unless stated otherwise, Superman is always 29 years old in any given story.
- SUPERMAN made his debut in Action Comics in June,1938 and the artist was Joe Shuster and the writer was Jerry Siegel.
- In the comic books, BEPPO was the name of Superman's MONKEY and COMET was his SUPER HORSE.
- Supermans powers;-super strenght-super hearing-xray vision-telescopic vision-microscopic vision-super breath-the ability to split himself into 2 functioning entitles-ability to will himself through solids-ventriloquist[can through his voice]-levitate people-and of course, to fly!
- Actors who played Superman;
Ray Middleton, 1939
Kirk Alan, 1948-1950
George Reeves, 1951-1958
Christopher Reeve, 1978-1987
Dean Cain, 1993-1997
Tom Welling (Smallville)
Brandon Routh (Superman Returns, 2006)
Brandon Routh as Superman in Superman Returns
- In the epic The Death of Superman storyline, the hero apparently died at the hands of supervillain Doomsday. He returned from the dead to defeat Doomsday, though his "death" gave rise to a number of new characters and storylines. In 1995, Superman (or rather, Clark Kent) finally married Lois Lane, and the two have had a happy marriage... so far. Future editorial changes to the series may reverse some or all of these changes.
In 2003, DC Comics released a 12-issue maxiseries titled Superman: Birthright, written by Mark Waid and penciled by Lenil Francis Yu; this was made into a retcon of Superman's post-crisis origin, replacing Byrne's version, but yet using many elements from that version, along with elements that subtly tie into the Smallville television show.
- The only thing that can stop superman is Kryptonite. Green rock which are pieces of his exploded planet.
- His original costume was made by Mrs.Kent out of the baby blanket he was wrapped in as a child.